Aug 20, 2012

Bedroom Vision Board 2.0


After completing my Ikea bedside table, I got a touch of motivation to update my Bedroom Vision Board. My old board had a white dresser, a wooden headboard and some other elements that I've changed my mind about, so it was time to start over.

To be honest with you, I do not love my Ikea table that I painted for our bedroom (it might work someplace else in our home when we get a bigger one). I thought the project would be cheap (it wasn't, more on that tomorrow) and the modern look would go well with what I envisioned for the bedroom (it doesn't). But, I'm not going to dwell on that.

Instead I'll give you my dream bedroom...what I'd do if I had the money and the time to put this together. Someday!

Bedroom Mood Board

{ You can also view the Google Doc I used to create it by clicking here. }

It still has a beach-y, soft, and romantic vibe to it that I think fits perfectly with the stuff we already own and the things we plan to buy.

Here's a list of the items:


To help the room from looking too catalogue, I'd do a lot of personal photos, maybe a monogram "F" in a frame, and bring in a textured rug. Since I do all-white bedding, it would be really easy to change the color scheme around by adding different colors of pillows and maybe a throw quilt in a fun pattern. 

Now, I just need to save up the money and get Brandon on board with this (his opinion, not mine) "super feminine bed". Since he picked out the dresser, I said it was a good compromise, but he's not buying it yet. Hopefully, I can find something that suits the both of us and maybe a bit (okay a lot), cheaper than this one. 

My work is cut out for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...