Jul 20, 2012

My Two New Vacation Essentials


The Outer Banks. Hatteras Island. OBX. HI.

Outer Banks 2012-20

Greatest place on Earth (despite Hurricane-damaged piers.).

Whatever you like to call it, that's where I was last week (if you follow me on Instagram, you already know this).  I sincerely love that place and now that I'm back to fall-like temps here in the Bay Area, I'm in post-vacation mourning, aka, post-beach-stress-disorder (almost DSM IV-certifiable for all you Psych nerds like myself).

While I sort through 8GB of photos to share later this week, I thought I'd chat about two new products I purchased that made my already amazing vacation even more wonderful. I don't often promote products unless I really love something; I just wanted to say "Hey, these are awesome" so you can possibly get in on the action as well.

1. Say Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes

yes to cucumbers wipes 1

I "said yes" to this line of a products a few years ago when they caught my eye on Target shelves. The carrot line sort of scared me at first (do I really want to smell like a carrot?), but once the cucumber line was released, I was sold. After all, cucumbers are my favorite food.

Positives
  • Easy, like Sunday morning. I wanted a vacation from my daily face washing routine (it is usually intense) and these fit the bill. 
  • Portability - one less heavy bottle to carry-on the airplane.
  • Natural - no funky chemicals allowed.
  • Refreshing feeling and smell. I'm super sensitive to most perfumes, but the scent of these is pretty light and doesn't give me a migraine.
  • Cleans off makeup easily. No raccoon eyes despite my two coats of mascara.
Negative(s)
  • No so environmentally-friendly - they produce a lot of waste, so I won't use them on a regular basis - just for trips.

yes to cucumbers wipes 2

I even tossed them in my beach bag to wipe off salt water and sand from my face.


2. Drawstring Jewelry Pouch by Radish

jewelry-pouch

Let's face it, I'm a new Joss & Main* junkie. I stalk the home goods site frequently (everyday), but haven't purchased anything until I saw this little lifesaver. My necklaces and earrings are always getting into a tangled mess during travel and I often don't even bother wearing them. Until now. It only takes a little $12 purchase to make my day.

*disclosure: by clicking that link and signing up with Joss & Main, your purchases may give me credit on my account.

Positives
  • Squishy. Many jewelry cases are hard, boxy and therefore difficult to pack. This is tiny and fits anywhere, even your purse. 
  • Holds up to 12 pieces of jewelry. If you need anymore than that for a vacation, that's just ridiculous. Now shoes on the other hand...
  • Works. No tangles. 
  • Cute. Yellow is my signature color. At least for this year. 
Negative(s)
  • Err, none? I love this little guy.
jewerly-pouch

As you can see, there a little pockets for your jewelry. Since my rings are tiny (literally, I'm a size 3.5), I found space for my ring pouch on the bottom. Everything felt safe and secure once I drew up the strings.

So like I said, I'll be back sometime soon with more vacation recaps and photos. Until then, I have an empty fridge to stock, Downton Abbey to get addicted to, and a pile of laundry taller than me.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your vacation pics!!! You look stunning. The hubby and I thought about going to the Outer Banks this year, but neither of us had been there before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on that Downtown Abbey!

    I LOVE that jewelry bag. Since most of my jewelry is cheap, and leaning towards the 'costume' variety, I don't always worry so much about it, but the no tangles pockets on that (and how cute it is) make me WANT. Do they have it in green?

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...