Jun 19, 2012

Thoughts On Tuesday


1. We received a free carpet cleaning today for renewing our apartment lease. In other words, we just paid $2400 for freshly shampooed carpet or an additional 200 bucks per month. Love you, Silicon Valley. 


2. Much appreciation to all of you who responded to my "keep me in your thoughts" tweet last week. Everything is fine and dandy and as my mom says, "It'll all come out in the wash". [Pronounced warsh.]


3. I scheduled a 7:30am breakfast meeting this morning thinking it would be a good idea. Breakfast is always a good idea. 7:30am breakfasts are not. 


4. I have now ordered over five bathing suits from DownEast Basics, with plans to keep my favorite. I didn't account for the fact that they might all be my favorite. 


5. I feel that I'm too old for a bikini anymore. But not really. That's just my excuse for the fact that I've been consuming too much Dutch crunch bread and foregoing the planks.


6. I use my husband's love of Diablo III for bargaining power. I got a fancy dinner out of the deal, a new camera lens, and I'm hoping for this Crate and Barrel dresser before he beats the game. And five bathing suits.


7. As many of you know, Dawson's Creek is on Netflix and I've been watching nonstop. The season one and two theme song is awful. So awful that I mute it. Also, I now know why I wasn't allowed to watch this show when I was 15. 


8. Officially student loan debt free. Cue marching band and dancing Jews



11 comments:

  1. I hope that was the best carpet cleaning ever. I am guessing it wasn't. At least you have new bathing suits... now you just need to find some sun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my pasty white legs need a little sun :) Luckily, the beach will be providing that in a few weeks.

      I have lost all hope for SF weather!

      Delete
  2. Boo for 200 dollars more a month (really??) but yay for carpet cleaning!

    Good for you for using your bargaining skills.

    I wasn't allowed to watch many shows when I was younger and one that I remember distinctly was Friends because EVERYONE was watching it and I was not. I watch it all the time now!! (And know why I wasn't allowed to watch.)

    Congrats on the student loan debt obliteration!

    Also I love your writing. I cannot figure out what it is exactly, but somehow you made these thoughts interesting without a lot of show or even a single picture. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! I think I've finally found my true blogger voice. It took a while. I just write now when I feel like it and try not to force it.

      Delete
  3. ahhh no more student loans! so amazing. I haven't even begun to touch mine yet (eek).

    Dawson is just so very awkward. painful to watch (yet loved it when I was in middle school). oops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Dawson makes me batty, but I cannot stop watching. Maybe its the 15 year old in me and the nostalgic 90's music.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being debt free!! YAY! I'm certain you will look amazing in your 5 bathing suits. I mean... you need one of every day of the week right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and that was my thinking! They get kind of icky in the ocean and its good to swap them out :)

      Delete
  5. bahahahahah! YES! When I was sick I was watching Dawson's Creek nonstop and the theme song is TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE!!! When does the I don't wanna wait song kick in??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that proposal video was so cute!!!! I love flash mobs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome you don't have any more student loans!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...