Jun 19, 2012
Thoughts On Tuesday
1. We received a free carpet cleaning today for renewing our apartment lease. In other words, we just paid $2400 for freshly shampooed carpet or an additional 200 bucks per month. Love you, Silicon Valley.
2. Much appreciation to all of you who responded to my "keep me in your thoughts" tweet last week. Everything is fine and dandy and as my mom says, "It'll all come out in the wash". [Pronounced warsh.]
3. I scheduled a 7:30am breakfast meeting this morning thinking it would be a good idea. Breakfast is always a good idea. 7:30am breakfasts are not.
4. I have now ordered over five bathing suits from DownEast Basics, with plans to keep my favorite. I didn't account for the fact that they might all be my favorite.
5. I feel that I'm too old for a bikini anymore. But not really. That's just my excuse for the fact that I've been consuming too much Dutch crunch bread and foregoing the planks.
6. I use my husband's love of Diablo III for bargaining power. I got a fancy dinner out of the deal, a new camera lens, and I'm hoping for this Crate and Barrel dresser before he beats the game. And five bathing suits.
7. As many of you know, Dawson's Creek is on Netflix and I've been watching nonstop. The season one and two theme song is awful. So awful that I mute it. Also, I now know why I wasn't allowed to watch this show when I was 15.
8. Officially student loan debt free. Cue marching band and dancing Jews.
at 9:46:00 PM