Jun 23, 2012

Non-Healthy Living Blogs You Should Be Reading


Back a few years ago when I became an avid blog reader, my Google Reader consisted of over thirty healthy living blogs. It was my big passion at the time (and still is to some extent), so it made sense. But  I was missing out on some seriously good reading by limiting myself!

Since then, I've wrangled up some great non-healthy living blogs that I thought I'd share with you.

...

FASHION/STYLE
I'm not a big fashionista, but I do want to make sure I can dress myself, so I frequently visit:

La Vie Petite - this adorable little lady is just simply a joy to read and get this; she's shorter than I am! When does that ever happen? Dressing my fun-sized body takes some creativity, and I'm not ashamed to say that I sometimes copy her looks straight up. She has a conservative preppy style that I adore and buys clothing that's relative affordable.

Five Bamboo - This is technically a clothing store, but they run a great little blog as well. I recently won the Elusive dress from A Foodie Stays Fit (you gotta check her blog, too!) and this blog gives me ideas on how to wear it. Also, the blog has some great motivational quotes and just a feel-good vibe to it.

HOME DESIGN
These guys and gals have given me lots of ideas to steal to make our apartment cute. And make me jealous of hardwoods and walls that are painted with...get this... color.

Hooked on Houses - 
I can spend hours browsing this blog! The writer features tidbits on homes from movies and TV shoes as well as featuring real homes that are just as charming. Like me, she's prefers a cottage style home and features them often. Drool worthy stuff here.

Catalog Living - This blog is downright hilarious. You follow the lives of the fictional Elaine and Gary, the ever-so-pretentious couple living out theirs lives in photos from catalogues. It makes fun of the ridiculous "who lives like that" displays from favorites like Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and West Elm.

Bower Power - Katie Bower cracks me up, takes beautiful photos, and makes me green with envy in her giant Georgia of a peach home. She doesn't take herself too seriously, which I love and features a great mix of home design, DIY and family life.

Young House Love - obviously.

NOT CATEGORIZED
Just your random personal, photography, or family blog. 

Honest Toddler
 - I don't have children (though I was a nanny once), but I can't help but crack up at this little guy and how he views life from his toddler brain. I especially enjoy when he makes fun of his mommy for being addicted to Pinterest, wearing yoga pants all day, and only doing her hair for an updated Facebook photo. Oh and if you think you'd enjoy this blog, I suggest your follow the tyke on Twitter as well. It's his best stuff. 

Kristin and Kayla - two young adorable sisters + one amazing photographer of a father + a huge amount of creativity = this blog.

Today's Letters - I just started following Mr. and Mrs. Loerke when I Google'd "whole 30 recipes" and ended spending a good part of my afternoon reading their daily (sometimes love) letters to each other. Such a simple idea. Such an adorable and fun-loving blog. Read it and swoon.

Writing Chapter Three - Ashley and Stephen from (never home)maker started their little family blog and I'm just in awe at their photography of their sweet baby, Ada. The content is always top-notch, but Ashley has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are talking to your best friend.

...

So there's my collection. Of course I still follow a good amount of healthy living blogs + food blogs, all of which I love, but I'm so glad I stepped out of that bubble and made these little discoveries.

Leave a comment and let me know one of your favorite blogs. Always willing to add to my list!

4 comments:

  1. I love Writing Chapter Three too! I will have to check out these others. I try not to read only "healthy living" blogs, because I don't want that to be all that I think about or write about myself.... although that is mostly what I post about. I'm trying to branch out though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point. You end up thinking about what you read about, so it makes sense to diversify. I hope you enjoy some of the others I posted!

      Delete
  2. Wait. You mean there are blogs that AREN'T HLB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just got me to follow Honest Toddler, pretty funny! And now I'm looking at every single one of la vie petite's posts, there goes the rest of my night :P

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...