Jun 9, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


Better late than never, right? You see, I love taking photos, but I hate the whole upload, edit, and sort process. I'm known for taking hundreds of photos only to never upload them and finally just deleting them because its hard work getting them into folders, adjusting poor lighting and Photoshopping my thighs (kidding, but if someone could teach me how...).

I digress and give you Memorial Day Weekend.

A lot of cool things happened that weekend: I got to spend some down time with my family, my best friend was married (will do another post on that), and Brandon and I played tourist in my home turf otherwise known as The Shenandoah Valley. It rocked. Let me share in photos.

Telestrations

I ordered this new game called Telestrations and we had a blast with it. It's like the game of Telephone and Pictionary in one. I found it on Amazon [that's not an affiliate by the way].

Telestrations

Have never laughed so hard.

Carlos

Neither has my brother.

Telestrations

I didn't marry him for his drawing abilities.

After a few rounds of Telestrations, we had dessert; a pound cake with cherries, chocolate sauce and homemade whipped cream.

Telestrations

Fast-forward.

After the wedding on Saturday, Brandon and I wracked our brains to come up with something to do. You see, I love home, but I've never been a tourist there. It was the perfect place to grow up. Mayberry-like if you will, but for touristy stuff, it's sort of lacking. But, we did manage to have fun at Luray Caverns (the largest caverns on the East Coast I believe).

IMG_2698

IMG_2717

I see bacon. Do you see bacon?

The caverns were an excellent choice on a hotter than hot day (I always forget about the wonderful humidity of the South), since they were nice and cool.

IMG_2715

It was a wonderful weekend and I was so happy to spend with with those so near and dear to my heart, bad artists and all.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could have seen you that weekend! Too bad I was at the beach. (Well, it was pretty awesome, actually, but you know what I mean. ;))

    Next time?

    I want to play that game. And I have never been to Luray Caverns. And can we share some poundcake when I see you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon's grandmother makes the BEST lemon pound cake and since I'm in the family now, she gave me the recipe. I'll make it and we'll share it :)

      Delete
    2. So I was at NaNa & Donna's house last weekend reading ove their beach list and guess what item is under NaNa's "to bake" category?

      Delete
    3. Eeeeeeep! I'm pretty sure that mine won't taste as amazing as hers!

      Delete
  2. Yah Virginia!! I can't wait to come back home to it! :D
    That game sounds like so much fun haha! I suggest game night asap! ;)
    I went to Luray once! I thought it was pretty awesome! You guys got some nice pictures I see... Haha bacon.. ;)
    But yeah that pretty much sums up the touristy things to do right? ;) and even this is an hour away! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia can't wait to have Miss Emma back either!

      I simply CANNOT wait to see you and play these games and eat and talk about school. And give you presents and its just going to be awesome! And yes, you can come to the beach with us. You can sleep with me and Brandon can have the couch :)

      Delete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...