Apr 21, 2012

Moveable Feast


I was out of town on a business trip this past week in D.C. and upon returning home, Brandon had a little surprise for me: the Canon 50mm f 1/4 lens (he also did all the housework, both of which make me want to shout Husband of the Year!). We have a landscape lens, a 100mm macro lens and we just sold our stock lens that came with my T3i, so a 50mm was a good in-between lens. It is supposed to be great for food shots and portraits - my favorite type of photos.

Since I desperately wanted to try out the lens, we decided to visit Moveable Feast in San Jose. Moveable Feast is basically a food truck rally that is held every Friday evening and Saturday midday. We've never been and were super impressed by the selection, price, and quality of the food.

See for yourself. [p.s. I still have some learning to do with the lens, but I love it so far! The photos turned out super sharp and crisp.]

Moveable Feast

I was warned that the lines would be long (at least 20 minute wait), but they were pretty short today. I'm guessing it had something to do with the fact that it was 90 degrees outside.


Food Truck Art

Out first stop was a taco truck (gotta start with the classics) called Triple Dash Three or "3-3-3".

3-3-3 Food Truck Menu

And, as the named suggested, we ordered three tacos - specifically Triple's Taco Trio.

Taco Trio

It did not disappoint. I was partial to the carne asada, which I pretty much dominated and Brandon had the other two, a pork and chicken. What can I say? I'm a steak girl through and through.

Taco Trio

A close up for good measure.

We couldn't leave without trying at least one more truck. Sadly, there was no "dessert truck" to be found, but we did find this little gem at an Asian Fusion truck.

Mochimisu

This would be a mochimisu (mochi and tiramisu) from Ko Ja's Kitchen. Amazing.

Food Truck Art

After admiring some of the great artwork on the trucks, we were off. Its safe to say that I'm now a huge food truck and 50mm lens fan. Success.

p.s. I'm now using Flickr to store my blog photos since they were taking over my Picasa Albums and driving me batty. Let me know if they load too slowly and I'll look into that have Brandon look into that. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the lens. The pics did come out crisp and bright. I really need to learn more about photography. After reading a food styling book I found a setting on my camera that I didn't even know existed. haha. guess I should read my manual. but then I probably wouldn't have understood it, at that time, anyway.

    Love me some food trucks. My work invites 3 Los Angeles food trucks a month to come spoil us employees. Well we do have to pay for it, but none the less its better than the cafeteria.

    Going to Blend, I hear. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine and welcome to my site! I simply cannot learn from my camera's manual and find that the best way to figure out new settings and controls is to just simply keep practicing and not being afraid of messing it up (I would never touch anything before!). Also, there are some great tutorial websites that are easier to follow than your camera's manual. Pioneer Woman states things pretty simply.

      We just had a food truck at my office the other day and it was a blast!

      Hope to meet you at Blend!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!! So crispy clear and beautiful colors! I want one! ;) Can't wait to see what else you can do with it!
    Also that moveable feast looks like so much fun! :P Food trucks seem like so much fun, they're all the rage aren't they? Maybe Jayme and I should start a pizza & cupcakes food truck business! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I know it would be a hit! A pizza food truck came by our office the other day and hitched to the back was a pizza oven!

      Delete
  3. Those pictures AND food look amazing. Food truck festivals are always fun, but somewhat overwhelming too! SO many choices! Think y'all did good! (And so did the hubby with that lens!)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...