Mar 11, 2012

Almaden Quicksilver Hike



We have a week of rainy weather ahead (which is a good thing because we need it), so Brandon and I took advantage of the cloudy, yet rainless day to do some hiking. We chose the Almaden Quicksilver hike because it is relatively close (about a 40 minute drive) and a historical mining site, (i.e. photo op).


Unfortunately, we didn't find anything too interesting to photograph (at lot of the old mining buildings had barbed wire fences surrounding them), but I broke out the macro to try and get a few detailed shots. 


Now that we each have our own cameras (I received my Canon Rebel T3i as a gift this past Christmas), there's a lot less work involved in photographing our hikes. He usually carries his landscape lens and I have my trusty macro, so there's no need to switch out lenses. It saves us a lot of time and quite frankly, there's a lot less fighting over the camera. Two cameras = marital bliss. 




We found this great little picnic spot that overlooked San Jose and the surrounding cities. The weather was nearly perfect for winter hiking; cloudy and high 50's. 


Bummer. 


All in all, we covered over five miles of trails and promptly stuffed our faces with Chipotle and Caveman Cookies afterwards. Bring on the rain.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty and peaceful looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! :D I love the one of you sitting on the picnic table! :D
    Looks like a great hike! I can't wait to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for commenting! I almost ALWAYS reply to comments and questions, so please click the little "Notify Me" box so that you'll be sure to receive my reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...